Useful stuff on the web:
- An article on a Photo Resize Handler in ASP.Net, which reminds me to stop using aspx for requests that do *not* generate a page, but use ashx for binary objects.
- An article on how to find database objects by name, which reminds me to publish one of my programs which does exactly that.
- Check your database model: this time it’s looking for orphaned tables. Just another step towards automated database checks, that I mentioned recently.
- A non-intuitive alternative to SQL cursors: replace them with WHILE SELECT; which leads to the question: should not native SQL set operations be faster than explicit iteration? Strange, but NO!
- I wrote about exporting to XLS a while ago; this article additionally deals with data format styles and disabling controls in a GridView during export.