- support for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 features
- detailed log of parser results (successfully parsed statements as well as skipped clauses and text ranges)
- parser continues after unrecognized or faulty statements
- interpretation of sp_addextendedproperty to extract object and column descriptions (MS_Description)
- dependency analysis of views, stored procedures, etc.
The descriptions and dependencies extracted by parsing or importing from a live database are included in SQL scripts and generated XML files, and thus available in all generated documentation. XSL style sheets have been adapted to display object and column descriptions.
Output samples of generated documentation:
The new features lay the groundwork for future versions of dbscript the implement parsers for other SQL dialects (schema import from database is already supported for Oracle and PostgreSql), dependency diagrams, and more.
dbscript is available for download here.
Please send your feedback 😉