I downloaded the latest version of the Bitnami Redmine Stack (bitnami-redmine-3.3.0-1-windows-installer.exe) and installed it, which worked without any problems.
However I noticed that the installation does not distinguish between programs/executables and stored data, so I tried to figure out what data is being stored and where.
I found that I only needed to move the MySQL databases to a new data directory. and leave everything else in the installation directory.
First, I created a new location D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data to store Redmine’s data.
Next, I started the Bitnami Redmine Stack Manager Tool and stopped the MySQL Database service.
I created a new location D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data to store Redmine’s data, and copied the MySQL data directory C:\Bitnami\redmine-3.3.0-1\mysql\data to D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\mysql\data.
To let MySQL know about the new location of its databases, I edited C:\Bitnami\redmine-3.3.0-1\mysql\my.ini and changed the [mysqld] section to point to the new directory:
[mysqld] #datadir="C:/Bitnami/redmine-3.3.0-1/mysql/data" datadir="D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\mysql\data" #log-error="C:/Bitnami/redmine-3.3.0-1/mysql/data/mysqld.log" log-error="D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\mysql\data\mysqld.log"
The I started up the MySQL Database service again, which did not raise any errors. Be sure to check the Server Events tab and the Windows Event Log for errors or warnings.
Although the Bitnami Redmine Stack ships with and installs the SVN server svnserve, the installer does not automatically create an SVN repository.
To create an SVN repository, follow the Subversion configuration instructions in the Bitnami wiki:
- Stop the Subversion Server in the Bitnami Redmine Stack Manager Tool
- Start the “Use Bitnami Redmine Stack” command prompt
- Create a repository with the command
svnadmin create "D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\subversion\repository"
- Check your settings in “D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\subversion\repository\conf\svnserve.conf”
- Add users to “D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\subversion\repository\conf\passwd” if you do not use SASL
- Edit the file C:\Bitnami\redmine-3.3.0-1\subversion\scripts\serviceinstall.bat to add the repository root path using “–r param”:
"C:\Bitnami\redmine-3.3.0-1/subversion\scripts\winserv.exe" install redmineSubversion -displayname "redmineSubversion" -start auto "C:\Bitnami\redmine-3.3.0-1/subversion\bin\svnserve.exe" -d --listen-port=3690 -r "D:\Bitnami-Redmine-data\subversion\repository"
(note that this is a single command line)
- Then re-install the SVN service from the Bitnami command prompt
Run serviceinstall.bat Run serviceinstall.bat INSTALL
- In the Bitnami Tool, start “Subversion Server”
- Verify you are able to connect to the SVN repository using your favorite client.